Effective reading strategies can help a student to skyrocket his/her performance in school. There are many study strategies but will figure out 15 study strategies for college students.
If you are a type that found it difficult to comprehend while reading or you even read and forget faster then consider this post your solution.
Though you can read hard and pass, but you need study strategies to boost your success in school and earn you a good grade. Yes, we all want to excel in studies but some cannot pay the price which I call sacrifice.
Reading is a skill but I will recommend you as a student to study by following these 15 study strategies for college students to make your studies in school easier.
Do you want to study and remember faster? Then follow these study strategies for medical school, study strategies for middle school and study strategies for high school students
No one is a nonentity, as far as you can study hard. Your brain have the available capacity to take in any piece of information and recall back when is need and if you always find it difficult to remember what your read, then I will tell you the reason why you are not remembering what your read and I will also show you the way out. Get these strategies to read and remember faster as you read further.
Definition of study strategies
Study strategies are those techniques and method you use when studding to make you comprehend and remember faster. To read and remember faster; there many strategies to use which you synonymous to reading techniques
15 study strategies for college students
- Have a personal reading timetable
- Read at your best moment
- Don’t eat heavy food when preparing to read
- Don’t read till 48 hours after eating
- Don’t study on bed
- Study with passion
- Study in a cool place
- Take brake every 45 munities of reading
- Highlight the important point when reading
- Use mnemonic devices and acronyms to remember faster
- Make a revision schedule
- Try self test
- Have a shower after reading
- Sleep for 7 to 8 hours within 24 hours
- Study one book at a time
Now let us break down the 15 study strategies for college students.
- Have personal reading timetable: This is a must; every student must have an effective reading timetable to guide him/her on the subject to read at a time. If you don’t have a reading timetable then plan it today.
Moreover, some student even has a personal reading timetable but they don’t even follow it because of laziness, procrastination and lack of self discipline. Don’t be among these set of student if you really want to excel in your academic.
How to plan a reading timetable
There are some things someone needs to consider when planning a reading timetable. Firstly, assign much time on courses with high credit load; give a time that will really work for you. If you like reading in the night than day, then let your timetable cover the night and if you coup more in the morning then let your timetable cover the morning. The best thing is to know yourself i.e when your reading capacity falls in.
- Read at your best moment: I’ve touch a little out of this segment in the point above. Reading is not now far you read but how well you read; you can read for eight hours per day and gain less than that person reading for four hours.
Also, try and know your best reading time. Don’t just read because others are reading throughout the night but I will recommend you to go on research and figure out the best time you coup when reading then start reading at that particular time every day.
- Don’t eat heavy food when preparing to read: that is just the truth; say no to heavy food when preparing to read. In this case you will have to select the type of food to eat when preparing to read.
I will recommend you to eat foot like rice when preparing to read and don’t eat too much. This is simply because; you are liable to feel asleep after eating heavy food. If you have been sleeping when reading before; this may be the cause.
- Don’t read till 48 munities of eating: relax for forty-eight munities after eating. This will make to concentrate on reading and help you to avoid sleeping.
- Don’t study on bed: bed is meant for sleeping, table is meant for reading, then why reading on the bed. It is obvious that once you sit on your bed, you body system quickly register that you are in the mode of sleeping. Since your body is used to sleeping on bed, it will start shutting down for you to have a rest and you can eventually feel asleep when reading. READ MORE https://www.studenthope.com.ng/2019/09/15-study-strategies-for-college-students.html
Thank you philip for your answer, I will try that time you said… more love
- Views13396 times
- Answers3 answers